Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How To Make Cupcakes a Bit Healthier!






I know that I cannot go around baking and eating every chocolaty rich cupcake I want. Sigh. 
Calories, cholesterol, sugar, and fat are not my best friends (though they have comforted me on many occasions in my life.). So to make healthier cupcakes with less fat, sugar, and cholesterol, here are some tips to keep in mind: Substitute oil and butter with applesauce, apple butter, marmalade, and yogurt in cupcake recipes; Add shredded carrots and zucchini to batter to add nutrients, moistness, and texture; Use Egg Beaters instead of eggs; Use low fat or non-fat cream cheese in recipes calling for cream cheese; Use fruits as much as possible instead of frosting. Or use less frosting and enhance with fresh berries, kiwi, and strawberries. Make smaller cupcakes! Use a mini-muffin pan to cut down the portion size.

0 comments:

Post a Comment